Problem Solving / Design Thinking
- Further promote various employment schemes to the employers to recruit different sectors of the workforce, including women, young school leavers, and the elderly and middle-aged citizens who are energetic, enthusiastic and passionate in the job market.
- Subsidise the employers to provide on-the-job training for their employees.
- Promote the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) to employees for their lifelong learning, reskilling and upskilling.
- Encourage the industry to join various Government-funded schemes to further improve productivity and enhance cost-effectiveness.
- Focus on the areas of “problem solving / design thinking”, “customer service”, “communication”, “supervisory techniques and leadership skills”, and “interpersonal skills” when designing and delivering training programmes.
- Keep abreast of the market trend and consider incorporating digital skills and knowledge of ESG into the pre-employment programmes to better equip the students for employment.
- Enrich the training programmes with more workplace experiential learning activities and elements, such as industrial attachment, workplace learning and assessment, and project-based learning activities, in collaboration with industry partners.
- Encourage hands-on experience during studies to help students grasp up-to-date skills and knowledge and become acquainted with workplace practices.
- Offer more than a wage but a whole career package to attract and retain top professionals.
- Encourage staff to attain higher qualifications, upskill and reskill in accordance with the latest industry developments, as well as gaining more international exposure, particularly from other cities and countries, for career progression.
- Arrange job rotation within and / or across sections to help employees acquire new skills and relevant on-the-job experience.
- Set up a staff promotion scheme to motivate staff for career advancement.
- Reskill and upskill themselves and pursue further studies to hone their skills and keep up-to-date with the rapid development in the industry.
- Utilise the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) to pursue continuing education and training for lifelong learning, reskilling and better preparation for the job market.