- Airline Companies -
Service Attitude/ Customer Service
Airline and Airport Operations
- Travel Agents and Airline Ticket Agents -
Ticketing and Reservation System
- Sizeable Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions Companies -
Service Attitude/ Customer Service
Supervisory Techniques, Leadership Skills / Problem Solving / English
The key recommendations important to stakeholders concerning the manpower and training needs are highlighted below. In view of the unprecedented changes experienced by the industry, readers are alerted to consider the recommendations in accordance with the ‘new normal’ of the industry setting.
- Support employees training during the slow period to position business for recovery.
- Employ both push-and-pull factors to encourage employees self-upgrading.
- Retain quality employees with competitive remuneration packages, flexible working arrangements, fast-track advancement and entrepreneurship opportunities through co-managing platforms.
- Optimise employee experience across the multi-generational workplace by cultivating a caring and open-minded corporate culture.
- Maximise school students’ exposure through experiential visits at their early life planning stages.
- Identify potential employees through collaborative projects, workplace training and assessments with schools and vocational and professional education institutes.
- Adopt continuous self-upgrading mentality and attend industry activities and training.
- Leverage industry technologies with creativity and innovation for extending customer-centric niche products and personalised service.
- Strengthen soft skills, leadership and supervisory techniques for enhancing teamwork.
- Share real-life experiences with teachers, parents and students through community activities.
- Customise coaching and mentoring schemes for retention of new entrants.
- Enhance training on emerging industry needs including digital competencies, global knowledge and value-added customer service skills.
- Organise management training programmes with learning and networking opportunities among different units and geographical locations for nurturing cultural assimilation.
- Provide creative and flexible training initiatives and arrangements.
- Inspire potential students with the distinguished learning environment and industry exposure opportunities offered by quality training and education institutions.
- Extend outreach to industry personnel for timely update of training curriculum and activities according to industry trends and needs.
- Streamline students’ classroom learning and workplace training with real-time online workplace assessment.
- Enhance students’ industry professionalism with 21st Century skills, global exposure, cross-cultural sensitivity and customer-centric mindset to support international arrivals.
- Tailor in-service training to address the emerging industry trends and developments.
- Continue to stabilise industry operations and safeguarding employment by offering relief measures.
- Drive overseas arrivals and promote local consumption with industry partners.
- Promote accessible tourism to facilitate arrivals.
- Enhance accessibility and infrastructure to attract overseas MICE business.
- Inject additional resources to facilitate smart-learning initiatives.
- Subsidise classroom learning with workplace training and online assessment.
- Assist retirees or start-ups to work-from-home with technological support and relevant training.
- Increase work-incentive transport subsidies for working at distant tourism-related establishments.
- Uplift industry image with cross-sector campaigns to attract new entrants.
- Liaise with employers to consider extending the retirement age and to re-engage fit and capable retirees.
- Formulate policies for recruiting, retaining and upskilling of relevant sources of manpower such as new immigrants and housewives.