Customers Services and Complaint Handling
Beauty Care and Body Care (Product and Equipment Application)
- Offer attractive remuneration packages, enhance job satisfaction and increase job autonomy so as to retain and nurture the younger generation. The management should also strengthen communication with cross-generation employees such as organising networking/team building activities in order to understand their thoughts and needs. This can facilitate business developments and participations.
- Provide young employees a clear picture of industries including information on prospects, quick career promotion pathways and personal career development, so that they can have better understand on the actual working environments for their career planning.
- Render internal training to assist employees in developing multi-tasking skills for flexible manpower deployment due to the changes in business environment.
- Offer mentorship programmes for young employees on the importance of organisation value, integrity and professional ethics.
- Make use of the funding schemes provided by the Government such as the "Reindustrialization and Technology Training Program" for value-added purpose of companies and its employees.
- Adopt an attitude of self-upgrading to acquire the latest industry knowledge (such as strengthening the understanding of customer experiences, customer service and sales technique, digital media and marketing strategy skills, scalp care knowledge and skills, etc.). To enhance their competitiveness, they should improve their communication skills with employers and customer and establish a good working attitude.
- Make use of the subsidies of different schemes provided by the Government such as "Recognition of Prior Learning", "New Skills Upgrading Scheme" etc., for lifelong learning and career development.
- Training providers should strengthen the collaborations with industries by:
- Providing more interdisciplinary internship opportunities for students to nurture their employability for future.
- Continuing optimise the VPET and dual-track training to facilitate students to learn in the authentic working environments (e.g. beauty care salons, hairdressing salons, product retailers, etc.) such as the application of workplace learning and assessment.
- Arranging industry seminars and visits to beauty care and hairdressing salons so as to understand the latest industries developments, exact work requirements and their expectations of the industries.
- As an additional direction for career development and equip them to become professional hair care consultants, encouraging and recruiting current hair stylists or those who have studied the hairdressing courses to join the "hair and scalp care" sector.
- To cope with the new era of digitalisation, new technology in teaching such as virtual reality [VR], augmented reality [AR], etc. should be applied to enhance students’ involvement in learning and arouse their interest to the industries.
- To cater for the new trend of the industries’ digital transformation, various programmes of knowledge and application in emerging technology covering digital literacy, digital marketing (e.g. through websites, social media, mobile apps and other electronic platforms), promotion through key opinion leader (KOL), photography and film production, as well as online store operation etc., should be provided.
- Provide flexible and creative training initiatives and arrangements for practitioners, such as online or bite-size training for lifelong learning and skills upgrading.
- Assist the beauty care and hairdressing industries in reshaping the positive image of the industries and defining its direction for future development, including to establish/recognise the professional qualifications and the legitimate scope of works of practitioners to facilitate for implementation of quality services within beauty care and hairdressing industries.
- Subsidise beauty and hairdressing practitioners to receive training in new technologies such as digital literacy and artificial intelligence for skill upgrading.
- Strengthen the promotion of vocational and professional education and training (VPET) to different stakeholders such as secondary school students, parents and teachers.
- Formulate policies for recruiting, retaining and upskilling of manpower resources such as new immigrants and housewives.